Friday, July 5, 2013

bits of my life


"And so with the sunshine and the great burst of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Hope everyone has had a lovely start to July! For me, this was one of the first in a while where I didn't have much on the calender - except flying back to Tennessee to surprise all of my friends and family for the summer!

Leaving Germany was an incredibly bittersweet feeling, Sina and I only see each other every year or so for a month at a time so naturally June flew past us. We are planning another meet-up sometime at the end of this year or the middle of next though, so having that in the backs of our minds in reassuring.

And now here I am, sitting outside in the dry, humid heat of Tennessee summer remembering what it's like to be content with being home. When I was young I mostly dreamt of escaping this small town for travels and adventures. And now that I'm back? I'm in love with the natural flows of life that I call home. Like going up the old gravel dirt road to my grandfather's house, laying in the sun with a book and iced tea in Sequoyah Hills Park, or even just cuddling with my sweet (cat) Gizmo on the front lawn.

Being home is a blessing I never thought I'd experience, and one I plan on holding on to for a while.











after next week for DDW: back to regular postings and fresh content - vacation cannot simply last forever.

image: flying over the Atlantic  making German potato salad; an afternoon in the garden; baking; Sina and I; Leingarten; vegetarisch wurst; German palace; Rapunzel's hair; baking cakes for birthday's; Sina and I atop a castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...