Saturday, May 11, 2013

mother's day



"A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, but a 
beautiful woman with a brain is an absolutely lethal combination."
-Prabal Gurung

Mothers are always the proudest of you as you’re growing up and experiencing the ups and downs in life. They each have the same, too big grin on when you’re walking across the stage accepting your college diploma as they do when you rush in to the house in your early toddler years showing off the first full, bright spring flower that had just popped up into the garden – complete with the roots and dirt along with it.

Mothers teach you everything as you’re growing up and becoming the person you are – what true, simple joy is, what to do when you’re passing through those truly awful teenage years, and what it means to love yourself and your life above anything else. She knew how to deal with your first broken heart – and the second, and third – knew how to roast a chicken, and taught you to understand that you will mess up in life, but pushing through that is what makes life what it is.


Moms always have a few tidbits of advice to pass along, mine always taught me:
  • How to give and love with selfless generosity.
  • There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 'do-nothing' day.
  • To believe in grace.
  • That I'm never alone, even if I'm thousands and thousands of miles away from my family.
  • To do what makes me happy, even if no one else around understands.
  • That it's okay to get (insanely) angry, but in the end the best thing to do is forgive and forget.
  • After a long, hard day the perfect antidote is a spoonful of peanut butter, your best girl, and a chick-flick or two.
  • To never worry or doubt, but always trust Him who leads me in my path through life.
My mom has pushed me to become more than I ever dreamed I might be in life. She fought for me on days when I could hardly lift my head, and cheered for me on days when I felt I was on top of the world. Far above anyone else in life, I have her to thank for supporting me in every adventure I've tried to accomplish. She has quite literally given me life, and given me the world. Without her, I’m not sure where’d I be, but because of her I know who I am, where I’m going, and that I have massively huge shoes to fill when I one day become a mother as well.

Happy Mother’s Day Mommy – I hope your day is full of endless blessings and love.

I love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...