Wednesday, May 8, 2013

a trip to little venice





"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."

I'm writing this as I have a few minutes between castings on this busy Wednesday morning. It's been a terribly busy past few days, what with working on Sunday, exploring the city some on Monday (there was a holiday), and now getting straight back to work.

When I actually have a moment to sort through my thoughts, I'll update a small preview of my job done Sunday in Brighton! For now though, I have a handful of pictures taken from my little adventure in London earlier this week.

I had heard there was a festival happening in Little Venice - a true English affair complete with about 130 boats drifting through the small street waters, a small Italian band, endless foods and sweets to sample, and a simple enclosed garden where you could sit, enjoy the sunlight, and people watch for hours.







I spent quite a bit of time simply enjoying the sunny weather and chatting with the local street vendors, until after a few hours I headed off to do a bit of shopping on Oxford Street - which was a massive mistake. There's hundreds of thousands of people on Oxford Street daily, much less when everyone in the city is on a holiday. I ended up finding a few cute new things, so I guess it's not all that bad in the end. Just bothersome more or less. Now, if only I could actually go to Venice for a day!

image: a view of little venice; the enclosed garden; a woman decorating her boat up; a patriotic boat; an adorable painter; a candy floss stall; another (partial) view of the boats and people gathered around.

6 comments:

  1. I was there too! I'll be putting pics up soon :) Cool to see all the boats together and a bit of festivity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun little afternoon! I can't wait to see your photographs, they're always so stunning!

      Delete
  2. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

    Check out my blog see post

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The main point of your on-line the student loan people strategy.


    Here is my web blog; Student Loans for People with Bad Credit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pregnant women, breastfeeding women, or those with fair skin are found to be as a result
    of how to get rid of acne can be
    used. The how to get rid of acne battle begins when your
    sebaceous glands pump natural moisturizing oils through your
    skin's pores. 8% or 54 1% on a non-GAAP basis, $0.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...