Monday, April 8, 2013

tribes


"In your life, you meet people. Some you never think about again.
Some, you wonder what happened to them.
There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you.
And then there are some that you wish you never had to think about again. But you do."
-C.S. Lewis

On Saturday I was busy shooting a new music video for an English Indie-Rock band named, Tribes. I didn't actually get to meet the band aside from the lead singer, but the day was still such amazing fun. There were a few girls around whom I already knew from being in London and the whole theme was a basic indie chill-sesh. If that doesn't make sense to you (a.k.a. Papaw or Omi), then in other words it was a few girls - models - just hanging around a room pretending they have absolutely no other desire or rush to be anywhere else in the world other than there. For no reason. I don't normally refer to myself as 'indie' but I do have a partial indie side to my personality, so I was in love with the entire set up. Especially the part including a rescued white owl. It was a tiny little thing, and the whole shot was made simply because of her pure, earthly beauty. Another girl and I got to talking to the owl's handler, who told us the whole story of her rescue and upbringing. Maybe it's the writer side of me, but I'm always most fascinated when people begin telling me their stories of life. What's their reasoning of getting up every morning? What makes them laugh the hardest when they feel the most broken? What shaped them into becoming who they are now and who they're going to be? It didn't get that deep while we were chatting behind the scenes, but it was immensely interesting to hear about his rescue team and how they have saved and nursed back to health over 200 wild animals. We asked which was his most unusual, and after only a three second back thought replied promptly, "my crocodile."

Sunday was an easy job, just sadly not as fun and creative. I only played 'dress up' for a make-up artist with one look for the entire day - 80's. Oh yeah. Massive, back-combed hair matched with blue, purple, and pink eye shadow, and oh so lovely bright pink lipstick to match. I was a knock-out, if you could imagine.

Now, Georgia and I are spending the evening planning out our day for tomorrow - it'll be her 21st birthday so we're finding a cute place to have lunch and cake and celebrate the day!

image: thanks to Georgia and her iPhone camera abilities - street art found on our way to castings this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...