Tuesday, April 23, 2013

passion shows through



"Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, 
but most of all surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, 
even when you don't see it yourself."
-Edmund Lee

Odd as it is, it's so very rare when you stumble across a photographer, stylist, make-up artist, or hair stylist who truly loves what they are doing in life and are doing whatever possible to succeed in their goals. I think far too many people are in this industry solely because it makes them look 'cool.' Whatever that means.

I could hardly ask for a more in sync or diverse team today though. The photographer and make-up artist were two of the brightest faces I've come across while in London - constantly trying to keep a positive work vibe around, while spreading good conversation and laughter. Added with the rest of the team, it was a perfect sync. We did a simple shoot in the morning, a little basic something to please the agency. Then we really turned things up. We had bright colors, fabrics that normally wouldn't match, but somehow fit perfectly when tied together with the colorful headpieces and flowers I wore as jewelry. Oh, and not to forget the longest acrylics I've even worn in my life (pictured below).

The day was a fun mixture of shooting, plus filming some chill scenes in the neighborhoods outside. You could imagine the absurd looks cast my way as I walked out in bright colorful outfits, neon pink eye makeup, and flowers strung all around my body, but this far into my career it honestly couldn't have bothered me less. You can see a subtle glimpse into the shoot from the first picture on the post, but that was probably the least insane look of the day - not that I could complain. You hardly meet a team that wants to break out of the mold, and to have a whole day of it was an amazing change of pace. I'll hopefully have the finished pictures in the next week or two to show everyone!

Probably the best part of my day were the two kittens the photographer had in his studio, Smiffy & Bebe. Bebe was almost an exact replica of my Gizmo, so she made me smile endlessly thinking of my little one back home.


image: Carl Osbourn photography, raw picture; acrylics done by Effy Nails, London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...