Saturday, April 20, 2013

a trip to chinatown


"Travel isn't always pretty. It isn't always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, 
it even breaks your heart. But that's okay. The journey changes you - it should change you. 
It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness  on your heart, and on your body. 
You take something with you... Hopefully, you leave something good behind."
-Anthony Bourdain

Even though it's a tad bit late, here's to wishing everyone a lovely weekend ahead. Georgia and I were told we had our Friday off, so in the late morning we took off to tour London's Chinatown. The few shops that we popped into had me reminiscing over old memories and going googly eyed over re-finding some of my favorite Asian products. They had a two liter version of my all time favorite Japanese milk tea, which I could usually by for two or so dollars in Tokyo, but was almost eight pounds here! You could imagine I didn't pay that kind of price. Then we were off on a search for some famous London graffiti art, while also stopping by a small market for some fruits and veggies.

I'm hoping to finish up the few touristy things I have left in London to do this weekend, like taking a ride on the London Eye. Even though I'll most likely spend most of my time reading my book in a small cafe.

For everyone else, here's some fun link loves for your weekend:

My first ever fan page!

What would happen if you were to cry in space.

25 surgeries to remove the racist tattoos off one man.

A look inside Amazon's humongous warehouse.

A few of the coolest ways to travel the world.

Inspiring workplaces of the famously creative.

Reasons My Son Is Crying - too cute!

This was one of my favorite things this week (putting the negative aspects aside, like how it's the same company who produces AXE.)

And to end, the always alluring Karl Lagerfeld.

image: a look into London's Chinatown by fabiolug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...