Sunday, March 10, 2013

london


"Getting to the top is optional - getting down is mandatory."
-Ed Viesturs

As per usual, I have a plane to catch in about six hours that will take me on a seven month trip - and I haven't packed a thing. On the other hand, I have bought myself two new pairs of Steve Maddens (both for "necessities" - but we all know what that really means.)

I've said all the hard goodbyes, had dinners to celebrate with each side of my family, and simply taken the time to enjoy being with everyone that I love that I won't be able to see for the next little bit. But I'm trying not to be too mushy - except when I had to say good-bye to Gizmo (my little kittie).. now that was quite mushy and sad.

I did try some fun things this weekend, like trying to bake my own kale chips with my mom - it ended up a 200% success, we ate two batches in two days - with family help, of course. I even spent a day up in Gatlinburg with Kendra hiking Rainbow Falls. Our hike didn't last too, too long though, because a lovely couple informed up over half way up that there was 14 inches of snow at the top and us in our sweatshirts, jeans, and Nike's just weren't going to cut that. So we didn't regret the decision to head back at all - especially when we learned how hard it was to hike in snow in the first place, but how much harder it is to hike down-hill in snow after. We both learned the hard way that slipping on the ice and falling on our butt's just made it that much worse. At least we took some beautiful pictures because of it though!

Now - it's Sunday morning and my mom and I are doing our last minute things to get ready for my flight to London tonight. With the time difference, it's going to be a bit of an exhausting day - but my first look upon arriving in London Monday morning will be well worth it.

image: the turn-around point during our hike in the smokies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...