Wednesday, October 10, 2012

meet up in tokyo

This past week I had one of the best experiences through out my travels of this year - and that was having my step-mom, Paula, be able to come out for a mini-vacation and explore Tokyo with me for a few days. Luckily, and even without our planning, she came when I had an extra long weekend so we spent every day together having coffee on rooftop cafes, exploring shrines, watching traditional Japanese marriage ceremonies, seeing attractions like the famous Tsukiji Fish Market, and so much more! The time went by incredibly fast for both of us, and it would have been wonderful if she could of had the chance to stay longer, but we'll see each other in the south again in a few short weeks for the holidays. Plus, we have plans to meet up somewhere in Europe next year! I'm just thankful for the opportunity to be able to explore the world together, no matter how ephemeral each trip may be.












image: Paula and Paula enjoying squid at the fish market; a different view of the squid sampling; Paula ordering some sushi for breakfast; what turned out to be our favorite sushi set up; Paula looking out into the temple gardens as three women in kimonos pass by; a part of a traditional Japanese wedding; a view of the temple; blocks found in every temple where you write your thanks and wishes to God; a high up view of Meijijingumae Crossing; my breakfast from Bill's; Paula and I having our last coffee together in Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...