Thursday, July 26, 2012

tokyo take two

I'm officially back and on contract in my favorite city in Asia - TOKYO ! It's truly incredible to be and with all my friends I've missed so much. But it was a challenge and a half to get here. When my vacation time in Hong Kong was coming to a close, Typhoon Vicente was making it's way in to rough everything up a little bit. At first, everyone thought it was going to be a simple typhoon (because it is typhoon season here after all), but it turned in to one of the biggest storms they've had in years. Their storm warning signal was eventually raises to a 10 close to 1 a.m. Tuesday morning and the last time that happened was in 1999!
Because of the intense winds and the hundreds of flights that were delayed before mine, I was "stranded" in the airport for about eight hours until I was put on a flight to Tokyo. Finally, I made it though and was safe in the exact same apartment I spent so many months in last year. I can already tell I'm going to love my time here, meeting all the new girls in the agency (more later) and catching up with so many old friends I had missed so dearly, I sometimes wonder why I even leave. What I think I love the most though is the fact that after I finish my contract here I'll be in the city I've been waiting to see longer than any - Knoxville! Until then though, I'm beyond content living here.

image: my flight ticket from hong kong to tokyo this past week; an image of the storm waters and damage in hong kong © wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...