Sunday, August 21, 2011

Longest Shoot Of My Life

When I woke up on Wednesday morning, I should have taken in a little more time to enjoy the sleep I had gotten the night before, because I didn't know then that I wouldn't have a full nights sleep like that till well on into the week. I woke up early for castings this morning, just a few simple ones till I had to take a train to my job for the day. It was for a music video for a band in Japan called Larc-en-ciel. Apparently, they've been famous here for over 10 years. Either way, there were 40 models total for the music video. The setting was the band at a little after party type thing, 38 of the models were to be hanging around the band acting like they were having the time of their lives, while 2 of the models were angels, harnessed and flying around everyone. Exciting news? I was one of the angels! It was me and my friend Alicja. It was quite fun, flying over everyone. It just hurt a ton being up there and not having to lean against anything. Plus, we were told the shoot was going to last from 2 p.m. till 10 p.m. but it really lasted from 2 p.m. till 4 a.m. 14 hours I was flying in the sky. I don't have many pictures from the shoot, because we weren't supposed to take pictures on set, but I'll be sure to post the video link whenever it releases, which should be in about a month or so. Interesting about filming music videos, they film everything in 20 second incraments. So the part of the song would only play for 20 seconds and they would have so many takes for so many different angles - that's mostly why it took so long. I made a lot of friends on the set though, but it was so tiring for everyone being there and having to pretend over and over how happy they were. It was hard too because they were sending us home in taxis, four girls in each car and they dropped us off at our closest train stations, but my station was the farthest from everyone's in my car, so I had to ride around for an hour till I was dropped off. In the time I was in the taxi I got to watch the sun come up though, which was amazing, because I hadn't seen it in Tokyo yet.

 Above: My angel outfit!
 This was me being harnessed up, the next morning I had so many bruises where I was wearing it for so long and being hoisted up.
My friend Nalani snuck a picture of me on set, this was probably during a break, because you can tell the complete joy on my face of hanging in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...