Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ohayo gozai masu tokyo








The sun sets quite early here, so when I arrived in my apartment last night it was already dark out. Mixed with my flight/day, I only wanted to sleep anyways. So when I woke up this morning I had a beautiful, sunny greeting which was the view from my suite!

Their buildings can only be built so high here because of the earthquakes, but they're incredibly close together. I feel just as close to my neighboring suite as I do to my neighbor across the street! Space is always on the mind here, even when dealing with gas stations. Instead of having a plot of land and a mini-mart, they have the bottom of a building opened up (partially) and you're to pull inside, pay the attendant for how much you want and then the gas pump lowers down from the ceiling! I'm falling in love with the different cultural aspects between countries.

image(s): the view of my tokyo apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...